Thursday, November 20, 2008

Random Rossi Rants

Eugene Shrew got the best of me in the Northern Colorado vs. Colorado State basketball game. CSU just had more size and quicker athletes, but UNC hung around and ended up losing by 11--not an accurate depiction of how close it was. I had to spring for a bucket of wings after the game and take the brunt of some classic ribbing.
It comes with the territory, and all I can say is wait until next year...

Chauncey Billups is an absolute stud and, as a Nuggets fan, I couldn't be more happy with the trade. He's a big physical guard who can shoot, post, pass and rebound. Not to mention he is among a handful of point guards in the NBA who can play lock-down defense. In a down year for the Western Conference I like the Nuggets to take the fourth or fifth seed for the playoffs and FINALLY see what the second round looks like...

The Broncos should handle their business this weekend against the Raiders. Any other team coming in with a 2-8 record might get overlooked, but this is Broncos vs. Raiders. The historic rivalry game will get the blue and orange hyped and ready. I like the Broncos convincingly 27-13 and to take full control of the weakest division in football...

Finally, I want to give a shoutout to former Rockies outfielder Matt Holliday. I will thoroughly miss "Big Daddy," as he affectionately came to be known in Denver. I will miss his hustle, desire, huge bat, RBI's and most of all his character. Holliday is a helluva ball player but an even better person. He was active in the Denver community and he's a family man first.
I've been to many a Rockies game and have only seen a sweeter swing on two other Rox: a young Todd Helton in his first five years and Larry Walker in his MVP season. Other than that, no other Rockies player comes close to Holliday, and he has the best swing I've seen from a right-handed hitter other than Albert Pujols.
You will be missed Matty and best of luck in Oakland...

No comments: